Artists > Ian Cryer VPROI
Born : Filton, Bristol 1959
Painter of British everyday life in particular Pub life, Landscapes and Railways.
Regular exhibitor with the professional societies since 1980.
Artist in residence with EWS Railway Company 2003 and the Crossrail Project 2005.
Author of the childrens book series Rachael the Railway Horse 2007
Exhibited Work (solo exhibitions) :
- The Art Center, Bristol 1976
- The Patricia Wells Gallery, Thornbury 1983
- The Linfield Gallery, Bradford on Avon 1984
- 'Local Scenes, A celebration of the British Public House' - The Bass Museum, Burton upon trent 1995
- 'A year in West Somerset' - The Linda Cotton Gallery, Watchet 2001
- 'EWS Night and Day' - The National Railway Museum, York 2002
- Open Studio Exhibitions held 1986, 1987, 1991, 1992, 1993.
Exhibited Work (group exhibitions) :
- Bath Contemporary Art Fair (Linfield Galleries)
- 'A Critics Choice' Cooling Gallery 1991 (Selected by Brian Sewell)
- Hunting Group finalist
- Discerning Eye Exhibition
- International Art Biennially of Malta 1996
- RBA show in Kentucky USA 1992
- 200 years of railway art at the NRM 2004
Ian carries out many varied commissions for Corporate and private clients from Portraits and Domestic Interiors to Landscapes, Rural, Urban and Industrial.
His client list includes :
- House of Lords (Permanent Collection)
- Longleat House
- Bass Museum
- Wadworth Brewery
- EWS Railway Company
- Royal Mail
- Hestercombe Gardens
- Price Waterhouse
Sulis at the Star,
Ian Cryer VPROI