Artists > Sarah Coward FRSA SEA
Sarah grew up in Dorset, the eldest daughter of a dairy farmer and has been continually involved with animals throughout her life. Over many years Sarah has also been a very keen falconer having manned and flown both Harris Hawks and Lanner Falcons. After school she spent several years as a veterinary nurse. This combined with her hobbies, has given her an extensive knowledge of animal anatomy, which is clearly demonstrated in her dynamic bronzes today.
In 1998 she answered an advertisement for an assistant sculptor to help create wax models of birds of prey and bring them to the pre-casting stage. Driven by the encouragment of the sculptor, who immediately recognised her natural talent, Sarah has been working on her own pieces since 1999.
Sarah has created equine, canine and various other animal studies in bronze, and occasionally silver, both as unique commisions and limited editions.
In 2007 Sarah was accepted as a Fellow of the Royal Society and is also an Associate Member of The Society of Equestrian Artists.
* Royal Windsor Horse Show
* Figura Gallery, Windsor
* The Coach House Gallery, Gillingham, Dorset
* The Society of Equestrian Artists, London
* First View Gallery, Long Melford, Suffolk
* The Hunter Gallery, Long Melford, Suffolk
* The Osborne Gallery, SIA Exhibition, London
* Collier Trading, Fordingbridge, Hampshire
* Chatsworth Country Fair
* Pau Horse Trials, France
Exhibitions for 2008
* Badminton Horse Trials - May 1st to May 4th
* Longleat Horse Trials - June 15th to June 17th
* Hampton Court Flower Show - July 7th to July 13th
* Gallery LeFort Fine Art, Margaret's Buildings Bath 19th July To August 16th
* The CLA Game Fair (Blenheim Palace) July 25th to July 27th
* Dublin RDS Horse Show -August 6th to August 10th
* Gillingham & Shaftesbury Show, Dorset - 15th August
* Burghley Horse Trials